politik 04
New York Times
The Guardian
  • Jacob Zuma’s daughter resigns amid claims South Africans tricked to fight for Russia
    Freitag, 28. November 2025 16:28 Uhr

    Duduzile Zuma-Sambudla quits as MP after being accused of recruiting 17 men who are trapped in war-torn Ukraine

    A daughter of the former South African president Jacob Zuma has resigned as an MP, after being accused of tricking 17 South African men into fighting for Russia in Ukraine by telling them they were travelling to Russia to train as bodyguards for the Zumas’ uMkhonto weSizwe (MK) party.

    Duduzile Zuma-Sambudla, 43, the most visible and active in politics of her siblings, volunteered to resign and step back from public roles while cooperating with a police investigation and working to bring the men home, the MK chair, Nkosinathi Nhleko, said at a press conference in Durban.

    Continue reading...
  • Africa’s forests transformed from carbon sink to carbon source, study finds
    Freitag, 28. November 2025 11:00 Uhr

    Alarming shift since 2010 means planet’s three main rainforest regions now contribute to climate breakdown

    Africa’s forests have turned from a carbon sink into a carbon source, according to research that underscores the need for urgent action to save the world’s great natural climate stabilisers.

    The alarming shift, which has happened since 2010, means all of the planet’s three main rainforest regions – the South American Amazon, south-east Asia and Africa – have gone from being allies in the fight against climate breakdown to being part of the problem.

    Continue reading...
  • Guinea-Bissau military takes ‘total control’ amid election chaos
    Mittwoch, 26. November 2025 17:52 Uhr

    Officers say they are closing borders and suspending poll as president and main rival both claim victory

    Soldiers in Guinea-Bissau have announced they are taking “total control” of the west African country, three days after elections that both the two main presidential contenders claim to have won.

    Military officers said they were suspending Guinea-Bissau’s electoral process and closing its borders, in a statement read out at the army’s headquarters in the capital Bissau and broadcast on state TV. They said they had formed “the high military command for the restoration of order”, which would rule the country until further notice.

    Continue reading...
  • Nigerian schoolgirls rescued after mass abduction in Kebbi
    Dienstag, 25. November 2025 21:35 Uhr

    The president of Nigeria, Bola Tinubu, said all 24 of the girls kidnapped last week had been rescued

    All 24 schoolgirls held by assailants after a mass abduction last week from a school in north-western Nigeria have been rescued, the country’s president announced on Tuesday.

    A total of 25 girls were abducted on 17 November from the Government Girls Comprehensive secondary school in Kebbi state’s Maga town, but one of them was able to escape the same day, the school’s principal said. The remaining 24 were all saved, according to a statement from the Nigerian president, Bola Tinubu, though no details were released about the rescue.

    Continue reading...
  • Jacob Zuma’s daughter accused of tricking men into fighting for Russia in Ukraine
    Dienstag, 25. November 2025 16:13 Uhr

    South African police investigate allegations made against Duduzile Zuma-Sambudla by another of ex-president’s daughters

    South African police are investigating allegations that a daughter of the former president Jacob Zuma tricked men into fighting for Russia in Ukraine by telling them they were travelling to Russia for a paramilitary training course.

    Another of Zuma’s daughters, Nkosazana Zuma-Mncube, filed a police report on Saturday alleging that her sister Duduzile Zuma-Sambudla and two others, Siphokazi Xuma and Blessing Khoza, had recruited 17 men who are now trapped on the frontlines of the war in Ukraine.

    Continue reading...
  • Venezuela denounces ‘colonialist threat’ as Trump orders airspace closed
    Samstag, 29. November 2025 20:47 Uhr

    President made declaration in a social media post, after FAA last week warned airlines of ‘worsening security situation’

    The Venezuelan government has responded defiantly to the heightened pressure by the US government, including Donald Trump’s recent statements on Saturday that the airspace above and surrounding Venezuela is to be closed in its entirety.

    In a statement, the Venezuelan government said Trump’s comments are a “colonialist threat” against their sovereignty and violate international law. The government also said it demanded respect for its airspace and would not accept foreign orders or threats.

    Continue reading...
El Pais